- Get Involved
Museumwise is continually developing resources to be used by organizations in the state, and beyond. Some of these resources include:
- Museums in Conversation - our Annual Conference in partnership with the Museum Association of New York, Museums in Conversation is the largest gathering of New York’s museum staff and board members, volunteers and friends. For additional information, please visit www.museumsinconversation.org
- Museum Institute at Sagamore - an intensive training institute held each fall at Great Camp Sagamore in the Adirondacks. With a new the theme each year, the Institute provides professional development opportunities for museum professionals and volunteers alike. One of the greatest elements of the Institute is that participants come from a wide range of organizations, as do the presenters.
- Grants for Museum Advancement commonly known as Get Ready! Get Set! and Go! Grants - these grants are designed to make it easy for organizations to access professional help and improve their institutions.
- Online Courses - Museumwise has developed a slate of collections care and preservation courses which bring professional development opportunities right to your fingertips. This unique learning experience is designed for all different types of learners with all different levels of experience.
- Traveling Exhibits - Museumwise, with funding from the Documentary Heritage Program of New York State, makes available a series of Traveling Exhibitions to organizations within New York State. These professionally designed and produced panel exhibits are available for loan to organizations at a minimal cost.
- Hands-on workshops – throughout the year we partner with a variety of institutions to provide both formal learning opportunities and informal gatherings to reconnect with one another to discuss what’s happening in the field.
- Lending Library – Museumwise has developed a library of books and publications of interest to museum and heritage organizations. These publications cover a wide variety of topics, from museum administration to collections management to archives to exhibit development and much more.
Now enrolling for winter-spring courses!We're offering the following mini courses in a four-...
New Year = New grant season!
A few updates for 2013 Grants for Museum Advancement:
- Get Set! grant...
Enliven your space with an exhibit from Museumwise
Read More ►►