- Get Involved
ECNHC-Museumwise Partner Project
Cultural Heritage Tourism Workshops, Nov. 1-3, 2011
Tourism expert Cheryl Hargrove presented three workshops to help heritage sites collaborate more, increase visitation, and take advantage of marketing opportunities for New York State's cultural heritage assets. Please feel free to explore the following workshop resources:
NY Cultural Heritage Tourism Overview [Powerpoint PDF] >
NY Cultural Heritage Tourism Marketing [Powerpoint PDF] >
Collaboration Exercise - Instructions>
Speed Dating Exercise - Instructions >
Time Magazine Exercise - Instructions >
- Social Revolution Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SuNx0UrnEo
- National Trust for Historic Preservation, Cultural Heritage Resources: www.preservationnation.org/issues/heritage-tourism/
- US Dept. Of Commerce 2011 tourism inbound stats http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/outreachpages/inbound.general_information.inbound_overview.html
- National Register Itineraries www.cr.nps.gov/nr/travel
Museumwise - ECNHC Listening Sessions, June 2011
During the month of June, Museumwise partnered with the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor to conduct 6 regional Listening Sessions across the state. These sessions were created to serve as a way to determine the needs of museums and historic organizations throughout the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor. The discussions, facilitated by Elizabeth Trever Buchinger, centered around the essential question: "Our work would be so much more effective if...."
Follow the links below to explore each day's discussion:
- Arkell Museum, Canajoharie, June 9, 2011
- Rochester Museum & Science Center, June 10, 2011
- Chapman Museum, Glens Falls, June 20, 2011
- Erie Canal Museum, Syracuse, June 24, 2011
- History Center in Tompkins County, Ithaca, June 27, 2011
- History Center of Niagara County, Lockport, June 28, 2011
NB: press the ►button to advance the slides
Our ultimate goal is to create a valuable series of technical assistance opportunities to be launched in the fall of 2011.
Thank you to our friends & colleagues across the state for graciously offering to host these gatherings and to the 85 participants for joining the discussion.
Now enrolling for winter-spring courses!We're offering the following mini courses in a four-...
New Year = New grant season!
A few updates for 2013 Grants for Museum Advancement:
- Get Set! grant...
Enliven your space with an exhibit from Museumwise
Read More ►►